Saturday 12 May 2007

Liars, Evil Brutes, Lazy Gluttons...



This week has been spent at home attempting to revise for next week's exams. Please pray for me during next week. I have exams on the book of Romans, Islam, Bible Inspiration and Authority, and Church History (1700-1850) on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Today, though, presented a chance to relax and listen to some good ministry. A group of us from Wem Baptist Church (with around 600 others) went to the Northern Men's Convention to hear teaching on Biblical manhood from the book of Titus. We certainly came away convicted that we need to be 'self-controlled' and 'devoted to doing good' and no longer liars, evil brutes or lazy gluttons! Pictured above (from the left) are Edward and Mark Towers, Noel Cardus, Pete Turnbull, David Rowe, Paul Towers, Phil Wright, yours truly, and Andy Everett. Also pictured is our illustrious pastor following the WBC minibus to Manc-land by motorbike.

3 comments:

Simon Webb said...

I never knew you were a Wolves fan! - and to think I was just beginning to respect you! LOL. Good luck for tonight though in playoffs and also for exams. Will pray for you.
Simon Webb

Steven said...

Thank you for your sentiments. I just hope that my exams went better than the play-offs!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with the lazy gluttons bit....does that mean I get a bigger sare f the chinese next time I'm home?